What is it?
WEFACT consists of the “WEFACT framework” which provides a flexible infrastructure for defining and executing V&V processes. External resources – external processes, tools and standards – are integrated through defined interfaces. The safety case or security case is the central output of the program which summarizes the information of the V&V process and also provides a basis for the certification of the artefact under test (AUT).
What it Does…
- Guides users through the V&V (verification and validation) and certification process
- Follows functional safety and security standards
- Provides a workflow starting from definition of requirements of generation of modular and incremental safety and security cases
- Helps in identifying and carrying out V&V activities
- Organisation V&V activities in C-plans (validation plans) for controlling the V&V process, supporting traceability and tracking the status.
- Supports automatic and manual processing of V&V activities using customised integration of V&V methods and V&V tools.
- Collects documented evidence in repositories
- Provides an interface for external data and document repositories
- Provides templates for reports, e.g. V&V activity reports, validation reports and safety and security case reports
Also providing consultancy for…
- Test plan reviews:
- Gain confidence in your test plan following the appropriate norms.
- Identifying & closing gaps in testing:
- Following norms might not be enough – know the size of your blind spot.
- Obtain updated test plan/tests closing gaps to the state of the art.
- Safety Audit Rehearsals:
- AIT’s senior experts help in preparation for an upcoming safety audit.
- Review of security concept and internal development workflows:
- Identify potential weaknesses and necessary improvements
- Based on applicable standards, AIT will review development workflow and suggest improvements
- Study and technology evaluation & workshops:
- See how you can profit from new technologies (e.g. virtual reality and automated code analyses)